Sunday, April 29, 2012

Colorwork and Lace

These are the Bridal Wristers from Norwegian Handknits.  I made them for a younger friend.  They are a great way to get more comfortable and familiar with color work--fairly quick and satisfying.  The book itself is gorgeous and I'd love to tackle lots of the projects inside of it.  I used bits of Shibui Knits sock and cashmere (the tan bits).  The Shibui made two pairs of these wristers, in case you are curious.
This is the Pembroke shawl in Cascade Yarns 128 Superwash Chunky.  It came together quickly and the yarn is soft and squishy!  I did buy the yarn new from Serendipity on Valencia and 19th, but I knit it up almost immediately.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would be incredibly excited if you would make Me a pair of the handwarmers. What do I need to do? Thanks Heidi

Unknown said...

I would be incredibly excited if you would make Me a pair of the handwarmers. What do I need to do? Thanks Heidi