Saturday, January 31, 2009

Brown and Teal






I am inordinately pleased with this project. The yarn has been in my stash for a while. While I loved the colors, I could not envision wearing this yarn. So, earlier this month, I remembered it while showing some new friends my stash and suddenly, it clicked--baby blanket! I was not sure how big could make the blanket, but wanted to go as big as possible and not have any yarn left over. So, I just cast on two stitches, increased every row until the ball weighed half of its original weight. Then I decreased every row until I was back to two stitches. I have the tiniest bit left. Then I crocheted the edging with the brown until it was gone. I have one yard of that left. It turned out very soft. I imagine some baby will love the feel around the edges. I love the colors. Pure fun and the yarn is now gone!

PS. I couldn't resist putting in a bunch of the fun pictures that Noah took of this!

No comments: