Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sock Monkey blanket


I have been gone from my blog for a while. I am working on a couple of lace projects that are taking me quite some time. Here is a blanket and matching hat I finished just yesterday for a baby shower. The pattern is from Stitch n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker and was quite quick.

We vacationed in Palm Springs in August and while there, I made my usual stop at "Tuesday Morning". Eight balls of Angora found their way home with me, as well as two balls of a merino, alpaca, silk blend. The price was just too good and the yarn too lovely. Altogether it was 300 g. of yarn, cancelling out the yarn progress made by the sock monkey blanket. Well worth it, though, I think.

3 comments:

aurora bender said...

they look fantastisk.

lynnh said...

What a creative blanket! Love your stuff and your ambition/drive to create. I'm not a good blogger - too many irons in the fire.

the holly said...

oooh...i've been wanting to make this one! how cool!