Monday, September 10, 2007

Blackberry Jam


Nothing more satisfying to me than picking berries and squirreling them away for winter in the form of jam. I picked these berries on Bernal Hill (just a hike up the hill from our house) and Isaiah and I made and canned 9 jars of jam. One was given as a birthday gift to a friend before this picture was taken. I forget how quick and easy jam making is. I love the look of the jars all lined up on the counter.

Here is an update of my project list now:

1. Cashmere scarf (2 balls of yarn)
2. Denim blue baby sweater from Last Minute Knitted gifts (3 balls of yarn)
3. Lady Eleanor (10 balls)
4. Ripple Baby Blanket (4 balls)--COMPLETED
5. Finish the knitting club scarves (these aren't actually my stash)--COMPLETED
6. Hailey's pirate doll (? as to balls of yarn)--COMPLETED
7. Hexagon shawl (10 balls?)
8. a pair of socks
9. Griffindor Hats--COMPLETED
10. TBA

That makes four done and six left to go. I wonder what is next!

1 comment:

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

your jam looks so pretty lined up! I especially love blackberry -- I made some apricot jam from my mom's tree earlier this summer. cheers to nature's bounty! :)